Graduate REALTOR® Institute
Value of a GRI Designation
HERE'S HOW TO ACHIEVE THE GRI DESIGNATION...
The GRI Program requires students to earn 60 hours of GRI credit.
The Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI) symbol is the mark of a real estate professional who has made the commitment to provide a high level of professional services by securing a strong educational foundation.
Core Alabama GRI Courses
36 GRI Hours
36 GRI hours of core courses are required by all students.
These courses will each be 6 hours and will cover the following topics:
If a student chooses to count transactions for elective credit, 1 transaction = 2 elective GRI credits.
Students will pay a $10 processing fee for each transaction.
Students can choose to use a total of 12 transactions for elective credit totaling 24 hours for a $120 processing fee.
Complete one form for each transaction. If completing multiple transaction forms, all of them can be mailed at once with total amount due ($10 per transaction).
MAIL COMPLETED FORMS TO:
Alabama Association of REALTORS®
PO Box 4070
Montgomery, AL 36103-4070
REALTORS® can choose REBAC designation courses to complete coursework adding to 24 hours. Please contact Jennifer Bhojwani at email@example.com for more information.
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR) – 12 Hours
- At Home with Diversity (AHWD) – 6 Hours
- Broker Price Opinion Resource (BPOR) – 6 Hours
- Generation Buy – 6 Hours
- Green Designation Day 1 & Day 2 – 12 Hours (*Both days must be completed to receive credit.)
- e-Pro Day 1 & Day 2 – 12 Hours (*Both days must be completed to receive credit.)
- Military Relocation Professional (MRP) – 6 Hours
- Pricing Strategies: Mastering the CMA (PSA) – 6 Hours
- Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) – 12 Hours
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES) – 12 Hours
- Short Sells and Foreclosure Resource (SFR) – 6 Hours
- WCR: Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals – 6 Hours
If a REALTOR® has taken courses in the old GRI model, those course credits will count towards elective hour requirements in the new GRI program. AAR will match the old program with the new hour-for-hour.
This option applies to GRI courses taken in 2010, 2011, or 2012.
(Courses taken prior to 2010 do not meet current NAR requirements.)
NOTE: Options 1, 2, and 3 are not mutually exclusive and can be combined to reach the 24 hour elective requirement.
Ready to Graduate?
Students should submit their GRI Graduation Form upon graduation with the $25 graduation fee to receive the GRI designation!
The Alabama Realtors® is the largest statewide organization of real estate professionals comprised of over 14,000 members. United by adherence to a Code of Ethics, our members work as real estate professionals in the sale, lease, appraisal, management and development of residential, commercial, rural and resort properties throughout Alabama.
Copyright © 2017 Alabama Association of REALTORS®
All rights reserved.
Get In Touch
522 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Tel (334) 262-3808
Fax (334) 263-9650
Free | 1-800-446-3808