Graduate REALTOR® Institute
All New GRI
Redesigned, re-imagined, and re-structured
HERE'S HOW TO ACHIEVE THE GRI DESIGNATION...
The new GRI Program, beginning in 2014, will require students to earn 60 hours of GRI credit, reduced from the 96 required before.
Core Alabama GRI Courses
36 GRI Hours
36 GRI hours of core courses are required by all students.
These courses will each be 6 hours each and cover the following topics:
• Professionalism – 6 GRI hours
• Accountability and Development – 6 GRI hours
• Contracts – 6 GRI hours
• Working with Buyers – 6 GRI hours
• Working with Sellers – 6 GRI hours
• Technology – 6 GRI hours
If a student chooses to count transactions for elective credit – 1 transaction = 2 elective GRI credits.
Students will pay a $10 processing fee for each transaction.
Students can choose to use a total of 12 transactions for elective credit totaling 24 hours for a $120 processing fee.
Complete one form for each transaction. If completing multiple transaction forms, all of them can be mailed at once with total amount due ($10 per transaction).
MAIL COMPLETED FORMS TO:
PO Box 4070
Montgomery, AL 36103-4070
REALTORS can choose from several REBAC certification and designation courses to complete course work.
- At Home With Diversity (AHWD) – 6 hrs
- Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Core Course - 9 hrs
- ABR Elective: Generation Buy – 6 hrs.
- ABR Elective: Marketing Reboot – 6 hrs.
- ABR Elective: New Home Construction & Buyer Representation – 6 hrs.
- ABR Elective: Successful Relocation Representation – 6 hrs.
- ABR Elective: REO: Responsibilities, Education and Opportunities for Real Estate Professionals – 6hr
- Broker Price Opinion Resource (BPOR) Certification Course – 6 hrs
- e-PRO® Day 1 & Day 2 – 12 hrs
- CRB: Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course – 12 hrs
- CRB: Marketing Strategies that Deliver Results – 6 hrs
- CRS: Business Planning & Marketing – 6 hrs
- CRS: Listings (201), Sales (202) or Referrals (210) – 6 hrs each
- Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification Course – 6 hrs
- NAR’s Green Designation (Green 100, 200, 300) – 6hrs each module
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR®) – 6 hrs
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) – 12 hrs
- WCR: Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals – 6 hrs
NOTE: Must be in active status with REBAC.
If a REALTOR has taken courses in the old GRI model, those course credits will count towards elective hour requirements in the new GRI program. AAR will match hour for hour on the old program with the new.
This option applies to GRI courses taken in 2010, 2011, or 2012.
(Courses taken prior to 2010 do not meet current NAR requirements.)
NOTE: Options 1, 2, and 3 are not mutually exclusive and can be combined to reach the 24 hour elective requirement.
Ready to Graduate?
Students submit the GRI Progress Report upon graduation request with $25 graduation fee and receive the GRI Designation!
The Alabama Association of REALTOR®; (AAR) is the largest statewide organization of real estate professionals. United by adherence to a Code of Ethics, our members work as real estate professionals in the sale, lease, appraisal and development of residential, rural, and resort properties throughout Alabama.
Get In Touch
522 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Tel (334) 262-3808
Fax (334) 263-9650
Free | 1-800-446-3808