The Alabama Graduate REALTOR Institute (GRI) has been redesigned, re-imagined, and re-structured.
This isn't your father's GRI! Coursework is more relevant, less redundant, and targeted to today's realty realities!
- Nationally Recognized Designation
- No Annual Fees
- Boost your earning Potential
- Local, One-Day Courses
- Highly Respected & Proven Faculty
HERE'S HOW TO ACHIEVE THE GRI DESIGNATION...
The new GRI Program, beginning in 2014, will require students to earn
60 hours of GRI credit, reduced from the 96 required before.
Core Alabama GRI Courses – 36 GRI hours -
36 GRI hours of core courses are required by all students.
These courses will each be 6 hours each and cover the following topics:
• Professionalism – 6 GRI hours
• Accountability and Development – 6 GRI hours
• Contracts – 6 GRI hours
• Working with Buyers – 6 GRI hours
• Working with Sellers – 6 GRI hours
• Technology – 6 GRI hours
In order to complete the GRI designation, students have 3 options to earn 24 hours of credit:
OPTION 1: Transaction Credit
If a student chooses to count transactions for elective credit – 1 transaction = 2 elective GRI credits
Students will pay a $10 processing fee for each transaction.
Students can choose to use a total of 12 transactions for elective credit totaling 24 hours for a $120 processing fee.
Complete one form for each transaction. If completing multiple transaction forms,
all of them can be mailed at once with total amount due ($10 per transaction)
MAIL COMPLETED FORMS TO:
PO Box 4070
Montgomery, AL 36103-4070
OPTION 2: REBAC Electives
REALTORS can choose from the following REBAC certification and designation
courses to complete course work:
GRI ELECTIVE COURSE OPTIONS
• Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR) Designation - 9 GRI hours
• E-Pro Certification - 6 GRI hours
• Broker Price Opinion (BPO) Resource Certification - 6 GRI hours
• NAR's Green Designation - 8 GRI hours
• Senior Real Estate Specialist Certification (SRES) - 9 GRI hours
• NAR's At Home with Diversity Certification - 6 GRI hours
• Generation Buy - 6 GRI hours
• WCR: Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals - 6 GRI Hours
• Short Sales Foreclosure Resource 6 GRI hours
NO LIVE COURSES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
CHECK BACK FOR LIVE COURSES COMING SOON!
Courses are also available online at REALTOR Univeristy.
Click the "Online Course Listing" below for details and pricing.
OPTION 3: GRI Credit -
If a REALTOR has taken courses in the old GRI model, those course
credits will count towards elective hour requirements in the new GRI program.
AAR will match hour for hour on the old program with the new.
This option applies to GRI courses taken in 2010, 2011, or 2012.
(Courses taken prior to 2010 do not meet current NAR requirements.)
Ready to Graduate?
Students submit the GRI Progress Report upon graduation request with $25 graduation fee and receive the GRI Designation!