Harriett started her real estate career in 1966 and was in full time sales for many years, having earned many sales awards. She has been a qualifying broker in three offices in addition to brokering for her own company from 1981 to 1990. She joined Brigham-Williams Real Estate in 1990 and then the merger forming RealtySouth, a Home Services Company, took place in 1997. Harriett has always made serving the local, state, and national associations a high priority. Harriett’s passion is Professional Education for real estate licensees and has made it a high priority to pursue educational development as an Alabama. Real Estate Commission Approved Continuing Education, Prelicense, Broker and Post-license instructor. She has been selected by the Alabama Association of REALTORS® as a GRI® instructor. She is an approved REBAC instructor for the National Association of REALTORS® and teaches Designation and Certification courses for REBAC. Harriett served as chair of the AAR Task Force on GRI.
- President Alabama Association of REALTORS®, 1989
- One of the Founding Member of Education Trustees for AAR , having served as chair and presently serving her fourth term as Trustee
- Past President of Alabama Real Estate Educators Association (AREEA) and Member of REEA
- Member – National Association of REALORS® Omega Tau Rho Honor Society
- David D Roberts, Sr. Award for Lifetime Achievement & Distinguished Service to AAR, 1993
- Chair, AAR Professional Standards Committee, 2000 and 2008
- Chair, AAR Past President Advisory Group, 1995
- NAR Director 1991-1998, 1989 and served on more than 20 committees having chaired or co-chaired 10 committees, sub-committees or forums.
- Awarded Realtor Emeritus status in 2006 recognizing 40 years of dedicated service to the Realtors
- President, Birmingham Association of REALTORS® in 1984 and Realtor of the Year in 1980
- Member, BAR Education Committee, a founding member of BAR Leadership Class
- Member, BAR Professional Standards Committee, 1982 to Present, Chair 2009, Chair 2014
- Instructor, BAR New Member Orientation Course, and CE Courses
- Member, BAR Board of Directors, 1975 and 1977 – 1997
- Tom Rast “President’s Cup” Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Past President of WCR for Birmingham and Alabama, having served as Editor of the National WCR Publication, Communiqué. She was named Woman of the Year twice locally and for the State WCR
- Vice Chair NAR Member Service Committee, 2000
- Chair, NAR Members Information Services Forum, 1999
- NAR Director 1989, 1991-1998, and served on many key committees during these years.
The Alabama Association of Realtors® (AAR) is the largest statewide organization of real estate professionals comprised of over 13,000 members. United by adherence to a Code of Ethics, our members work as real estate professionals in the sale, lease, appraisal, management and development of residential, commercial, rural and resort properties throughout Alabama.
Get In Touch
522 Washington Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36104
Tel (334) 262-3808
Fax (334) 263-9650
Free | 1-800-446-3808