Fair Housing for All
April 22, 2021, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
CE Credit: 3 hours | Virtual | Instructors: Jim Lawrence, Franklin Johnson, and Katie Richard
This course will teach REALTORS® to be more knowledgeable of and comply with federal, state, and REALTOR® Fair Housing laws, rules, and regulations so that each client or customer in the purchase or lease of real estate in Alabama will be treated fairly and equitably in each transaction. The following demonstrates how REALTORS® will master these principles in the Fair Housing for All course:
- Discussing the present landscape of a diverse America and how it relates to REALTORS®' potential clients or customers
- Studying the history of Fair Housing so REALTORS® will understand how fair representation has evolved to its current state in America
- Reviewing the seven federally mandated Protected Classes and the two additional REALTOR® Protected Classes
- Becoming aware of the many unique situations that can occur within the Fair Housing environment
- Discussing the Fair Housing “Do’s and Don’ts” to stay within Fair Housing guidelines
- Studying marketing and advertising examples pertaining to Protected Classes
- Impressing the seriousness of violations of Fair Housing and learning the penalties associated with violations
This course will be held virtually and has been approved for 3 hours of CE credit.
REGISTRATION IS FULL
The April 2021 Fair Housing for All course is full. Please complete the form below if you would like to be added to the waitlist for the next available Fair Housing for All course. Those signed up for the waitlist will be the first offered a spot in the next available course.
Late cancellations and no-shows will be charged a $25 fee. Members who cannot attend must cancel 7 days in advance of the course being offered to avoid being charged a $25 fee.