A Note From The Legal Helpdesk: How to File a Complaint with the Alabama Real Estate Commission (AREC)
October 17, 2017
If you believe another real estate licensee or real estate company has violated the Alabama Real Estate License Law and regulations, below is information on how to file a complaint.
- The encouraged, although not required, complaint form can be found here.
- You can mail, email, or fax the completed complaint and supporting documentation to:
- Mail: 1201 Carmichael Way, Montgomery, AL 36101
- Fax: 334-270-9118
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AREC’s Legal division will review the complaint and documentation to determine whether further action should be taken.
- Anonymous? You can file a license complaint anonymously, just know that AREC will not be able to contact you about the complaint or investigation.
“Disclaimer: This article provides general information only and does not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created by reading, viewing, opening, or other action related to this article. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. Specific circumstances may change the applicable law or advice a competent individual would provide. In addition, this information is not meant to supplant or in any way replace Errors and Omissions Insurance or other insurance coverage. Mistakes may occasionally be made. Once notified, we will work diligently to correct the issue in a timely manner and mark any updated or changed articles accordingly.”