Alabama Economic and Real Estate Report
The Alabama Economic and Real Estate Report is a monthly statistics report produced by the Alabama Association of REALTORS® and their team of economists. The numbers and figures in this report are drawn from numerous government and proprietary data sources and represent best estimates at the time of release. As new data emerges, Alabama REALTORS® may, from time to time, update these figures to reflect more recent information.
Key Takeaways from the Most Recent Report
July 2023 Monthly Report
- Alabama had 6,084 home sales in July. This is a decrease of 3,043 sales compared to July of last year.
- The median sales price decreased by $18,539 compared to a year ago to $228,030. This is an annual decrease of 7.5%.
- The sold volume was $1.4 billion in July, a decrease of $0.9 billion from last July. This is a 39.1% annual decrease.
- The 12,259 active listings at the end of July marks an increase of 9.0% compared to the 11,244 one year ago.
- The 402 foreclosures in July represent a 13.7% year-over-year decrease and a slight decrease in foreclosures since last month.
Help your clients by providing them with easy-to-understand, current economic information. We’ve made doing that easy by offering fast stat graphics that are ready for you to download and share! Feel free to share these graphics however you'd like: on social media, in meetings, and directly with clients!
Click on each graphic below to download.