Alabama Economic and Real Estate Report
The Alabama Economic and Real Estate Report is a monthly statistics report produced by the Alabama Association of REALTORS® and their team of economists. The numbers and figures in this report are drawn from numerous government and proprietary data sources and represent best estimates at the time of release. As new data emerges, Alabama REALTORS® may, from time to time, update these figures to reflect more recent information.
Key Takeaways from the Most Recent Report
January 2024 Report
- Alabama had 4,686 home sales in January. This is a decrease of 3,403 sales compared to January of last year.
- The median sales price increased by $3,649 compared to a year ago to $210,982. This is an annual increase of 1.8%.
- The sold volume was $1.0 billion in January, a decrease of $1 billion from last January. This is a 50.0% annual decrease.
- The 13,968 active listings at the end of January mark an increase of 20.0% compared to the 11,643 one year ago.
- The 516 foreclosures in January represent a 20.6% year-over-year increase. It is a 6% increase in foreclosures since last month.
2024 Fast Stats
Help your clients by providing them with easy-to-understand, current economic information. We’ve made doing that easy by offering fast stat graphics that are ready for you to download and share! Feel free to share these graphics however you'd like: on social media, in meetings, and directly with clients!
Click on each graphic below to download.