August 2020 Membership Report
September 8, 2020
As of August 31, 2020, statewide membership is currently at 16,966¹, which is up 1,195 members, a 7.58% increase since the end of August last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a large increase in membership this month due to growth at fifteen out of twenty-five boards. One quarter of the boards had exceptional double-digit growth.
- Huntsville Area Association: 18.75%
- Mobile Area Association: 8.93%
- Birmingham Area Association: 8.84%
- Montgomery Area Association: 8.10%
- Baldwin County Association: 5.92%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 26.18%
- Cullman Association: 22.55%
- Wiregrass Board: 20.27%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 16.67%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 9.03%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 8.17%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 8.85%
- Monroe County Board: 14.81%
- Talladega County Board: 3.57%
- Dekalb County Association: 2.63%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR grew to 1,424,136 members, which is an addition of 30,950 members for a 2.22% increase from the end of August 2019.
For states in the medium category, Alabama had the second highest year over year membership growth for a total of 5.76% and is ranked fourth highest among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.