September 2020 Membership Report
October 6, 2020
As of September 30, 2020, statewide membership is currently at 17,170¹, which is up 712 members, a 4.33% increase since the end of September last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 14 out of 25 boards.
- Mobile Area Association: 8.13%
- Birmingham Area Association: 7.16%
- Huntsville Area Association: 6.59%
- Montgomery Area Association: 4.71%
- Baldwin County Association: 2.96%
- Wiregrass Board: 15.74%
- East Alabama Board: 7.75%
- Cullman Association: 6.36%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 5.45%
- Lee County Association: 4.51%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 4.22%
- Walker Area Association: 3.74%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 3.64%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 1.67%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR grew to 1,437,844 members, which is an addition of 36,426 members for a 2.6% increase from the end of September 2019.
For states in the medium category, Alabama had the third highest year over year membership growth for a total of 5.83% and is ranked fourth highest among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.