November 2020 Membership Report
December 7, 2020
As of November 30, 2020, statewide membership is currently at 17,527¹, which is up 828 members, a 4.96% increase since the end of November last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at seventeen out of twenty-five boards. A few boards maintained their year over year membership, including the Calhoun County Area Board, the Dekalb County Association, and the Eufaula Board.
- Birmingham Area Association: 7.16%
- Montgomery Area Association: 7.02%
- Huntsville Area Association: 6.69%
- Mobile Area Association: 6.42%
- Baldwin County Association: 3.14%
- Wiregrass Board: 15.88%
- East Alabama Board: 9.79%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 8.92%
- Cullman Association: 8.30%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 5.64%
- St. Clair Association: 4.90%
- Lee County Association: 4.64%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 4.52%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 3.29%
- Shoals Area Association: 2.03%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 1.17%
- Walker Area Association: .56%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR grew to 1,460,397 members, which is an addition of 49,931 members for a 3.54% increase from the end of November 2019.
For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fourth highest year over year membership growth for a total of 6.51% and is ranked seventh highest among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.