December 2020 Membership Report
January 11, 2021
As of year-end, statewide membership is currently at 17,518¹, which is up 1,004 members, a 6.08% increase since the end of last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at twenty out of twenty-five boards.
- Birmingham Area Association: 10.03%
- Montgomery Area Association: 7.85%
- Huntsville Area Association: 7.59%
- Mobile Area Association: 5.51%
- Baldwin County Association: 3.28%
- Wiregrass Board: 11.98%
- Cullman Association: 9.17%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 7.25%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 7.10%
- East Alabama Board: 6.21%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 6.13%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 5.81%
- Lee County Association: 5.07%
- St. Clair Association: 4.90%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 4.84%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 2.37%
- Shoals Area Association: 2.03%
- Walker Area Association: .56%
- Eufaula Board: 2.33%
- Covington Association: 1.43%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,458,661 members, which is an addition of 55,533 members for a 3.96% increase from the end of December 2019. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fourth-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 7.12% and is ranked seventh highest among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.