January 2021 Membership Report
February 8, 2021
After the first year of the month, statewide membership is currently at 17,509¹, which is up 1,007 members, a 6.10% increase since January of last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 20 out of 25 boards, including double-digit growth at five local boards.
- Baldwin County Association: 12.41%
- Montgomery Area Association: 10.58%
- Huntsville Area Association: 5.94%
- Mobile Area Association: 5.84%
- Birmingham Area Association: 4.86%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 29.14%
- Cullman Association: 10.92%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 10.14%
- Wiregrass Board: 7.23%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 6.72%
- Lee County Association: 5.93%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 5.06%
- East Alabama Board: 4.76%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 4.12%
- St. Clair Association: 3.00%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 2.94%
- Shoals Area Association: 2.22%
- Walker Area Association: 1.11%
- Covington Association: 9.09%
- Talladega County Board: 8.82%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,450,817 members, which is an addition of 66,651 members for a 4.82% increase from the end of January 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the third-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 7.42% and is ranked seventh highest among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.