February 2021 Membership Report
March 9, 2021
Strong growth continued in February with statewide membership currently at 17,600¹, which is up 998 members, a 6.01% increase since the end of February last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 22 out of 25 boards, including double-digit growth at three medium local boards.
- Montgomery Area Association: 9.63%
- Baldwin County Association: 7.43%
- Huntsville Area Association: 6.64%
- Mobile Area Association: 6.47%
- Birmingham Area Association: 5.37%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 23.89%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 12.27%
- Cullman Association: 10.37%
- Lee County Association: 7.36%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 7.02%
- Wiregrass Board: 6.25%
- St. Clair Association: 6.25%
- Walker Area Association: 6.04%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 5.70%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 5.57%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 5.39%
- East Alabama Board: 3.31%
- Shoals Area Association: 2.61%
- Talladega County Board: 9.09%
- Covington Association: 8.82%
- Eufaula Board: 4.44%
- Monroe County Board: 3.23%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,448,090 members, which is an addition of 73,316 members for a 5.33% increase from the end of February 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fourth-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 7.41% and is ranked thirteenth-highest among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.