March 2021 Membership Report
April 6, 2021
Strong growth continued in March with statewide membership currently at 17,387¹, which is up 1,108 members, a 6.81% increase since the end of March last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 21 out of 25 boards, including double-digit growth at five local boards.
- Montgomery Area Association: 9.33%
- Baldwin County Association: 7.37%
- Huntsville Area Association: 6.80%
- Birmingham Area Association: 6.09%
- Mobile Area Association: 6.05%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 25.82%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 18.31%
- Cullman Association: 11.72%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 9.41%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 8.79%
- Wiregrass Board: 7.94%
- East Alabama Board: 7.80%
- Lee County Association: 6.72%
- St. Clair Association: 6.32%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 5.00%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 4.17%
- Shoals Area Association: 2.40%
- Walker Area Association: 2.09%
- Eufaula Board: 15.00%
- Covington Association: 10.29%
- Monroe County Board: 3.23%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,463,806 members, which is an addition of 91,494 members for a 6.67% increase from the end of March 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fourth-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 8.15% and is ranked fourteenth highest among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.