April 2021 Membership Report
May 11, 2021
Strong growth continued in April with statewide membership currently at 17,595¹, which is up 1,272 members, a 7.79% increase since the end of April last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 20 out of 25 boards. Seven local boards have broken their membership record this year, including Baldwin County Association, Cullman Association, Etowah-Cherokee, Huntsville Area Association, Montgomery Area Association, Southeast Alabama Association, and Wiregrass Board.
- Birmingham Area Association: 9.65%
- Montgomery Area Association: 9.10%
- Baldwin County Association: 8.44%
- Huntsville Area Association: 7.70%
- Mobile Area Association: 4.61%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 28.42%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 16.40%
- Cullman Association: 12.61%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 10.81%
- Wiregrass Board: 10.16%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 8.75%
- Lee County Association: 7.67%
- East Alabama Board: 4.17%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 4.17%
- St. Clair Association: 4.08%
- Shoals Area Association: 1.41%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 1.22%
- Covington Association: 15.15%
- Eufaula Board: 15.00%
- Monroe County Board: 6.45%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,484,549 members, which is an addition of 110,618 members for an 8.05% increase from the end of April 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fourth-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 10.11% and is ranked thirteenth highest among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.