May 2021 Membership Report
June 8, 2021
Strong growth continued in May with statewide membership currently at 17,835¹, which is up 1,490 members, a 9.12% increase since the end of May last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at twenty out of twenty-four boards with double-digit growth at nine of those boards.
- Baldwin County Association: 10.65%
- Birmingham Area Association: 10.40%
- Huntsville Area Association: 9.77%
- Montgomery Area Association: 9.67%
- Mobile Area Association: 4.29%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 28.11%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 18.02%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 12.29%
- Cullman Association: 11.81%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 10.00%
- Wiregrass Board: 9.65%
- East Alabama Board: 8.33%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 7.83%
- Lee County Association: 7.81%
- Shoals Area Association: 6.93%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 5.63%
- St. Clair Association: 4.00%
- Marshall County Board: 3.49%
- Covington Association: 19.70%
- Eufaula Board: 12.50%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,504,474 members, which is an addition of 121,022 members for an 8.75% increase from the end of May 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fourth-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 10.96% and is ranked thirteenth-highest among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.