August 2021 Membership Report
September 7, 2021
Strong growth continued in August with statewide membership currently at 18,547¹, which is up 1581 members, a 9.32% increase since the end of August last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 23 out of 24 boards with double-digit growth, at eight of those boards.
- Baldwin County Association: 11.80%
- Montgomery Area Association: 11.13%
- Huntsville Area Association: 10.93%
- Birmingham Area Association: 8.81%
- Mobile Area Association: 3.23%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 24.10%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 17.62%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 12.62%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 8.88%
- East Alabama Board: 8.55%
- Cullman Association: 8.40%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 7.88%
- Shoals Area Association:7.71%
- Walker Area Association: 7.49%
- Wiregrass Board: 6.74%
- Marshall County Board: 5.81%
- Lee County Association: 5.15%
- Morgan County Association: 4.01%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 2.37%
- St. Clair Association: 2.00%
- Covington Association: 19.72%
- Eufaula Board: 15.38%
- Talladega Board: 3.45%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,546,138 members, which is an addition of 122,002 members for an 8.57% increase from the end of August 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fifth-highest year-over-year membership growth, for a total of 10.37%, and is ranked sixteenth among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.