September 2021 Membership Report
October 12, 2021
Strong growth continued in September with statewide membership currently at 18,723¹, which is up 1553 members, a 9.04% increase since the end of September last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 22 out of 24 boards, with double-digit growth at nine of those boards.
- Baldwin County Association: 11.42%
- Huntsville Area Association: 11.17%
- Montgomery Area Association: 10.40%
- Birmingham Area Association: 8.14%
- Mobile Area Association: 3.62%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 30.69%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 15.93%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 12.91%
- East Alabama Board: 11.76%
- Cullman Association: 9.56%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 8.09%
- Wiregrass Board: 6.62%
- Shoals Area Association: 6.44%
- Lee County Association: 6.15%
- Walker Area Association: 5.67%
- Marshall County Board: 4.60%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 3.64%
- Morgan County Association: 2.64%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 2.34%
- Covington Association: 24.29%
- Eufaula Board: 17.95%
- Talladega Board: 3.45%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,556,762 members, which is an addition of 118,918 members for an 8.27% increase from the end of September 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fifth-highest year-over-year membership growth, for a total of 10.09%, and is ranked seventeenth among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.