October 2021 Membership Report
November 9, 2021
Strong growth continued in October with statewide membership currently at 18,927,¹ which is up 1598 members, a 9.22% increase since the end of October last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 21 out of 24 boards, with double-digit growth at 10 of those boards.
- Huntsville Area Association: 11.32%
- Baldwin County Association: 11.17%
- Montgomery Area Association: 10.28%
- Birmingham Area Association: 7.75%
- Mobile Area Association: 5.77%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 32.11%
- Walker Area Association: 18.75%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 14.47%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 12.82%
- East Alabama Board: 10.39%
- Cullman Association: 9.88%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 8.62%
- Wiregrass Board: 7.35%
- Lee County Association: 6.79%
- Shoals Area Association: 6.67%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 4.02%
- Marshall County Board: 4.00%
- Morgan County Association: 3.59%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 2.34%
- Covington Association: 27.94%
- Eufaula Board: 15.00%
- Talladega Board: 3.45%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,564,537 members, which is an addition of 113,506 members for a 7.82% increase from the end of October 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the fifth-highest year-over-year membership growth, for a total of 10.24%, and is ranked eleventh among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.