December 2021 Membership Report
January 11, 2022
Strong growth continued in December with statewide membership currently at 19,005¹, which is up 1,487 members, an 8.49% increase since the end of December last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at 21 out of 24 boards, with double-digit growth at nine of those boards.
- Baldwin County Association: 11.30%
- Birmingham Area Association: 6.98%
- Huntsville Area Association: 10.01%
- Mobile Area Association: 6.72%
- Montgomery Area Association: 10.00%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 9.83%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 31.79%
- Cullman Association: 6.11%
- East Alabama Board: 12.34%
- Etowah-Cherokee Association: 1.57%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 1.81%
- Lee County Association: 7.82%
- Marshall County Board: 0.56%
- Morgan County Association: 0.95%
- Shoals Area Association: 4.57%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 12.24%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 10.22%
- Walker Area Association: 17.78%
- Wiregrass Board: 8.86%
- Covington Association: 18.31%
- Eufaula Board: 9.09%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,559,537 members, which is a 6.92% increase from the end of December 2020. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the third-highest year-over-year membership growth for a total of 9.47% and is ranked eighth among all states for year-over-year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.