May 2022 Membership Report
June 6, 2022
Year over year growth continued in May of 2022 with statewide membership currently at 19,200¹, which is up 1,605 members, a 9.12% increase since the end of May last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at twenty-one out of twenty-three boards with double-digit growth at nine of those boards.
- Baldwin County Association: 11.50%
- Huntsville Area Association: 10.93%
- Montgomery Area Association: 10.69%
- Birmingham Area Association: 9.17%
- Mobile Area Association: 6.55%
- Walker Area Association: 19.77%
- East Alabama Board: 17.33%
- Wiregrass Board: 12.41%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 11.06%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 8.79%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 8.57%
- Shoals Area Association: 8.32%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 6.43%
- Morgan County Association: 6.23%
- Lee County Association: 6.17%
- Cullman Association: 3.73%
- Lake Martin Area Association: 3.61%
- Marshall County Board: 1.75%
- Talladega Board: 22.22%
- Covington Association: 10.53%
- Eufaula Board: 2.17%
According to the NAR Membership Report, NAR has a total of 1,563,502 members, which is an addition of 59,028 members for an 3.92% increase from the end of May 2021. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the second highest year over year membership growth for a total of 7.56% and is ranked fourth among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.