Letter to the Board: July 22, 2022
July 27, 2022
Dear AAR Board of Directors,
I hope this letter finds you well and having a great summer! I am writing to provide you with several updates, reminders, and a save the date for our next AAR Board of Directors Meeting on Wednesday, August 31.
- AAR Elections: The AAR elections deadline is fast approaching on August 1! There are several opportunities to serve on the Alabama Association of REALTORS® (AAR) Board of Directors, Executive Committee, as Regional Vice President, or on the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Board of Directors. The deadline for submitting an application to the Credentials and Elections Committee is August 1, 2022 at 5:00pm. You can find more information on AAR’s website here.
- AAR Awards: Nominations for AAR’s highest honors are now open. The deadline for nominations is September 1. You can find more information on AAR’s website here.
- AAR Annual Conference: Registration is open for AAR’s Annual Conference at Ross Bridge Resort in Birmingham on October 11-13, 2022. You can review more information about the conference, schedule, and speakers here. We hope to see you there.
- 2022 Primary Elections: The Primary Elections were very successful for candidates endorsed by the Alabama Association of REALTORS® Political Action Committee (ARPAC). ARPAC engaged in 144 primary races across the state with ARPAC endorsed candidates winning 93% of those races. A recap of the Primary Run Off election can be found here and Primary Election can be found here. The General Election will be held on November 8, 2022.
- Public Policy Survey: Thank you to everyone who took time to complete the member public policy survey about issues affecting your real estate business! The feedback was incredible, and an issue summary will be published later this fall.
- Legal: In case you missed it, please be sure you review the recent legal bulletin regarding the presentation of written offers here. This continues to be an issue statewide.
- Homeownership: AAR and Alabama State University recently announced a partnership to promote educational opportunities for ASU students through a microcredential in real estate focusing on all aspects of the real estate industry. This partnership is the first of its kind in the nation between a state REALTOR® organization and a Historically Black College/University (HBCU). You can read more about the program here.
As mentioned above, please save the date for our next AAR Board of Directors Meeting on Wednesday, August 31, 2022, at 10:00am at the Alabama Association of REALTORS® Building at 522 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, AL. Sign in will begin at 9:30am.
The purpose of the meeting will be to consider a proposal to provide affiliate members the option to join the state or local association that is revenue neutral, pass the 2023 Budget, and conduct other association business. More information will be published closer to time.
Please let us know if you will not be attending the AAR Board of Directors meeting. This meeting is for the 2022 AAR Board of Directors. Space and overflow seating will be limited. Parking will be available at the Association’s parking lot at 502 Washington Avenue. The attire is business casual, and we will have lunch following the meeting for the AAR Directors in attendance.
Please reach out to me, President-Elect RaJane Hampton, CEO Jeremy Walker, or Melissa Williams prior to the meeting if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
Thank you for your leadership, support, and service on the Board! God bless you and your families.
Alabama Association of REALTORS®