August 2022 Membership Report
September 12, 2022
Year over year growth continued in August of 2022 with statewide membership currently at 19,551¹, which is up 1,004 members, a 5.41% increase since the end of August last year.
Alabama REALTORS® saw a steady increase in membership this month due to growth at nineteen out of twenty-three boards with double-digit growth at four of those boards.
- Huntsville Area Association: 8.49%
- Baldwin County Association: 7.69%
- Montgomery Area Association: 7.26%
- Mobile Area Association: 4.56%
- Birmingham Area Association: 1.86%
- Wiregrass Board: 18.25%
- Walker Area Association: 12.94%
- East Alabama Board: 12.12%
- Lee County Association: 9.64%
- Calhoun County Area Board: 8.26%
- Morgan County Association: 8.04%
- Shoals Area Association: 4.71%
- Tuscaloosa Association: 4.56%
- Athens-Limestone Association: 4.35%
- Southeast Alabama Association: 2.96%
- Cullman Association: 2.58%
- Talladega Board: 16.67%
- Eufaula Board: 6.67%
- Covington Association: 5.88%
According to the NAR Membership Report², NAR has a total of 1,592,920 members, which is an addition of 46,782 members for a .64% increase from the end of August 2021. For states in the medium category, Alabama had the third highest year over year membership growth for a total of 5.57% and is ranked seventh among all states for year over year membership growth.
¹Alabama Membership Report includes REALTOR®, REALTOR® ASSOCIATES, Institute Affiliates, Affiliates, and Non-Member Salesperson memberships.
²Membership numbers are taken from NAR’s Monthly Membership Report and include REALTOR® and REALTOR® ASSOCIATES only.