Alabama REALTORS® Board of Directors Meeting Recap
December 14, 2021
The 2022 Alabama REALTORS® Board of Directors met on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at the Alabama REALTORS® Building in Montgomery for their first meeting of the new year to conduct business of the Association. The Board conducted annual training and orientation, received important Association updates, discussed goals for the upcoming year, and passed two governance proposals. Following the meeting, Directors enjoyed a holiday-themed lunch and fellowship at AAR. A summary of the action can be found below:
- REALTOR® Day – Registration is open for the 2022 REALTOR® Day at the Capitol. This will be a one-day event on Tuesday, January 18, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and ending with the Legislative Reception at AAR that evening. Registration to attend is $99, or complimentary with a 2022 Major Investor pledge. Registration and a schedule of events can be found here.
- Board Grants – AAR has created the grant program for our local boards and associations to enhance fair housing, bias, diversity, and awareness opportunities for their members. This is a no-strings-attached grant opportunity and gives great deference to the creativity of local leadership. Each board is eligible for up to $2,000. Contact Melissa Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- REALTOR® Foundation Scholarships – The Foundation has launched an educational scholarship for the children and grandchildren of REALTOR® members. If you know of a member with an eligible child or grandchild, please be sure you share the information with them. We are all excited about this new benefit and opportunity to impact the lives of our members. The application deadline is December 31, 2021!
- 2022 Statewide Forms – AAR’s Statewide Legal Forms have been a success this year and continue to grow in usage. We have completed the forms review and updates to the statewide forms based on feedback from members across the state. The forms have been copyrighted and are being uploaded to the transaction management platforms in time for 2022. Current 2021 legal forms can be found here.
- 2022 Broker Outreach – AAR’s broker outreach initiative will continue in 2022. Regional Vice Presidents will spearhead this effort within their regions.
- Governance Proposals – The Board held discussion and passed two governance proposals as follows:
- Section 2.10: The Board passed a proposal to make technical corrections to the absence policy for directors in AAR’s Policies and Procedures manual.
- Section 11.3: The Board passed a proposal to amend the current citation policy to reflect recent updates to NAR’s standards of practice.
- The updated Policies and Procedures Manual can be found here.
Thank you to all of the Directors who made the commitment to serve and conduct the business of the Association.
Happy Holidays to all and a very prosperous New Year!